Monday, August 6, 2012

Casting ALL My Anxieties On Him

Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for 
“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,
  casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.  
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by
your brotherhood throughout the world.  And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.  
To Him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:5-11


God was not surprised at all this morning when I woke up unhappy with my circumstances.  I have been casting ALL my anxieties on Him because I know He cares for me.  God gladly listens to me about the uncertainty of circumstances, the emptiness of not being able to have a baby right now, the frustration of relationships, and the feeling of complete helplessness in some moments.  I pour my heart out, and then I listen.  I listen for God's wisdom and comfort.  He brings to mind verse after verse in the Bible.  I thought I would share a few verses in case someone else needs encouragement today too.  The emphasis words are mine!


James 1:2-8, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

Galatians 6:9, "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." 

2 Timothy 1:12, "For which cause I suffer also these things: yet I am not ashamed; for I know him whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that he is able to guard that which I have committed unto him until that day."

Philippians 4:11, "Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content." 

2 Corinthians 12:9-10, " But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Hebrews 13 (One of my favorite Chapters)
Verses 5 & 6-  "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say,The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”

Verse 8- "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

Verse 15- "Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name."



 Isn't God's word good!!!
It's everything we need.


I may be unhappy about some things going on, but I am still full of joy.  I know the sovereignty of God always prevails.  I know He understands heartache.  I am comforted in John 16:33 when Jesus said, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."  And that my dear friends, is all I need to know at this moment...He has overcome the world.  Now that's something to cheer about!!!  So if you are feeling weighed down by the world, cast ALL of your cares upon Him,  FOR HE CARES FOR YOU!!!  Don't just give God a few of your problems and then try to take care of the rest by yourself.  His word says, "ALL."  And ALL means ALL! 

No comments: