Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Wish I Was a Glow Worm


I wish I was a glow worm,
A glow worm's never glum.
'Cos how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum!

Wintertime is full of darkness, yet there are no cute glow worms to be seen.  I long for the warm summer sun with only a few hours of joyful nighttime. But until then I've got to deal with what I've got.  Today I've got rain and cold.  I'm going to have to make my own sunshine.  And of course, a cloudy day is no match for my sunny disposition.

When watching a glow worm, we almost get the illusion of magic.  If we saw it during the daytime, we probably wouldn't look twice at it.  However, at night it appears to be so special.  Amazing how a little light makes all the difference. What a difference light would make in our lives! Oh to never be grumpy and to have the sun shine out of our bums (yeah, I giggle everytime I type bum). In our lives, it isn't the position we're in but our disposition which makes us happy.  We make the choice how we look at our lives and what's going on around us.  When we get up in the morning, we are faced with the decision of "Will I think positive or negative today?"  When an unpleasant situation comes our way, the outcome of it has a lot to do with the attitude we had during that moment or moments.

Our grumpiness or sunshine also has a major effect upon our family and friends. When we are surrounded by people who love life, we love it too, but when we are surrounded by people who don't, we don't.  I don't think we all realize how our disposition truly effects our love ones.  Just because I may be having a bad day does not mean my family has to have one too.  I was really convicted by that a couple of weeks ago when I was very sick.  I don't have to act fake, but I can choose to have an pleasant attitude.  It is especially important how I act in front of my son. The children in our lives will typically grow up to be like the people they have been surrounded by during their childhood.  But it isn't just parents children watch it's also grandparents, aunts & uncles, teachers, neighbors, friends, librarians, EVERYBODY.  I hope all the lives that I have an impact upon see love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control from me.  I hope they want to be glow worms too!

No comments: