Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Brody Gets A Medal


There was much excitement in the air as Brody was getting ready for school today.  Today was Awards Day, and Brody knew he would be getting a medal for AR reading.  A year ago during his Kindergarten awards there was one awesome kid who got a medal, and Brody wanted it bad.  So I told him that if he worked hard in first grade he would get one too. He couldn't hardly wait to read and take tests. Many nights he would read two books then take two tests the next day.  Boy oh boy did he work hard at reading!  In fact, he tied for the highest points in his class.  After saying he would get a medal over and over for a year, his moment finally arrived.  When his name was called, Brody leaped into the air.  Seriously folks, he leaped, hopped, and sprung with joy. I couldn't get a good picture for Brody jumping in the air so much with excitement.  Many cheers went up around the room, and I think he managed to make everyone smile.  It was a moment I will never forget.  A moment of accomplishment!  A moment Brody thoroughly enjoyed!  I loved how his teacher put it, "Brody wasn't acting silly.  It was just pure joy and excitement going across the stage!"  Ryan and I were (and are) very proud of him!  There is nothing like have goal and seeing it completed!!!
Lots of smiles today!  I hope all my friends and family have goals they are working towards. Goals that will bring joy and excitement to life!!!  Brody lived out Carpe Diem before all of our eyes. I don't think he could have celebrated any more than he did. 

1 comment:

Elliott Blackwell said...

That is so awesome! I love his jumping for joy. Most kids at those awards ceremonies walk up there like they're going to the gallows. Congratulations on his award!