Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Grade

Yeah for First Grade!
You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.  ~Clay P. Bedford


Our sweet Brody started First Grade yesterday!   Strange how I can be proud, excited, and sad all at the same time (that's talent folks).  
Proud- Just look at how far he has come!  Two years ago the kid could barely talk, and now he is an excellent reader.
Excited- I'm glad he is making new friends, and he will learn so many new things this year!
Sad- I do not like the quiet house while Brody is at school all day.  He makes our house fun, and it is boring without him.  It's also sad because I want another baby so bad, and I cannot wait to hear little feet running around our home again.  Lord, please multiply our family!

I have been praying and praying.  Praying for Brody and a new school year.  Praying God will let me have more children to love.  Praying to have good friends.
      And as always, God takes care of us!  Brody is blessed with a great teacher, and he had a good 1st day.  He has good old and new friends in his class.  Yesterday, God even sent me a friend when I needed one too.  I was invited to go walking with a friend from church.  Instead of having to come home to an empty house, I had a friend to walk and talk with...and both felt good.  While I do not have a baby of my own, I have family and friends who keep having more children for me to love.  All these new babies that have come lately or will come in the next few months, whether adopted or biological, are such blessings to me.  Love comes in all kinds of ways!  

Brody sitting at the table in his new class.

 Life is good when you are looking for it to be good, and you are making it good!




Just look at this happy kid!  He was so proud of his new backpack.  



I have no idea what this year holds for our family?

 But I do know I'm planning on lots of good stuff to happen, and whatever comes our way we will still be praising God!  


So as Brody said yesterday, "Yeah for First Grade!"

No comments: