Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Coconuts and Strawberries


One of my favorite parts about being a mom is seeing my son experience something for the first time.  Sometimes the anticipation of experiencing something new Brody will be excited and other times terrified.  I think we as adults experience the same thing with the unknown.  This week Brody wanted to try a coconut.  I'm a huge fan of the coconut...Ryan is not.  After tasting it, Brody decided he does not like coconut.  Bummer!  He did however have a great time watching and helping get the coconut open (which is quite a task).




Our family made strawberry jam for the first time.  It's a lot of fun to make, and it turned out great.  I love jam on my toast so it is a treat to me. Food always seems to taste better when you make it yourself. We have some other canning projects in our future this summer like blueberry jam, pickles, tomatoes, etc.





All the "firsts" this week made me think of AJ. I cannot wait to have him home.  So many things will be new to him.  While I have missed his first steps, first words and countless other firsts, I will get to see him experience many firsts.  Maybe even see his first taste of coconut or strawberry jam.  It's exciting to think about all the things AJ will get to do with our family! 

No comments: