Tuesday, December 20, 2011

And The Operation Christmas Child Boxes Went To....

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights" James 1:17a

One of my favorite things to do every year is make Operation Christmas Child boxes for the Samaritan's Purse.  It's an activity that goes on all year.  When I see things that are cute or a good deal, I buy them and store them in my closet until November.  Then at the beginning of November, our family packs the boxes full of all kinds of goodies.  Things like cars, balls, dinosaurs, candy, flashlights, coloring books, socks, toothbrush, soap, a Bible, etc.  I show pictures of boys and girls receiving their boxes to Brody so he can understand what is going on a little bit better.  It really is a fun thing to do as a family.

The past three years I've paid online to get a bar code in hopes to find out where the boxes were shipped to.  Year one and two I didn't get an email. That's ok because we prayed over the children who would get them and it really does not matter what country the boxes went to.  I was just curious.  This year I got the email, and the boxes were sent to Ghana.

It's very neat to know where the boxes went to.  I can show Brody a map of the other side of the world, and he can see what country the children who get his boxes are from.  It makes it more real to him, and as I family we will pray for the children in Ghana. 

I'm very thankful for the Samaritan's Purse for giving our family the opportunity to do this every year.  It is just one more way to show God's love to people.

1 comment:

Brad and Renae said...

Cristy-
What stage in the India adoption process are you at? Just curious, we're adopting from India too. :)
~Renae

http://bringinglaurenhome.blogspot.com/