Monday, December 12, 2011

Go Tell it in the Parking Lot

Go, Tell It On The Mountain,
Over the hills and everywhere;
Go, Tell It On The Mountain
That Jesus Christ is born.

Yesterday at the grocery store, I found myself weary.  There were things we needed, but I just wanted to be home.  I was trying my best to hurry through the store.  After a long wait in line, I finally made it out of the store.  I felt like yelling "FREEDOM!"  I put the few groceries in the car and started towards home.  Then I saw a young woman holding a sign asking for help.  My first thought is "I'm too busy for this."  I took a deep breathe, then sighed as I pulled over.  I knew what the right thing to do was, but I was having a selfish moment.  I prayed for God to tell me how to help her and to help me change my attitude.  God always answers...maybe not in a big loud voice but His Holy Spirit moves my heart.  On the radio, "Go tell it on the Mountain" was playing.  That was my answer.  I need to tell people God loves them whether we are on a mountain, in a valley, in our home, or in a parking lot.  She needed money, and she needed to hear someone loves her.  God loves her just like He loves all of us!  And that is too good of news not to tell.

Christmas is a busy season, but it should never get so busy that I don't stop to share God's love.  There would be no Christmas without Him.  I would not have a life without Him. 

I may just have to re-write the old carol to "Go Tell it in the Parking Lot." 

No comments: