Sunday, March 3, 2013

My Smoothie King


We love books, and I'm always trying to find ways to continue to promote reading.  Brody typically enjoys non-fiction books.  He really likes books about animals. This week he surprised me by checking out a Disney cooking book from the library.   So we have been picking out some recipes to make.  I do the prepping.  Then he reads the instructions and follows them.  Today we made smoothies.







This was a fun activity for us.  I'm glad to find something new he likes to read...cookbooks!  It even challenged him with his sensory disorder.  Brody was afraid of turning on the blender due to it being loud.  I was not going to do it for him.  If he wanted a smoothie, then he would have to press the blend button on the blender himself.  He was scared, but he did it.  And that great taste was worth overcoming his fear of loud sounds. 

No comments: