Friday, August 26, 2011

B's 1st Day of Kindergarten

You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.  ~Clay P. Bedford


Brody's first day of kindergarten was yesterday.  He did GREAT!  I was a little bit emotional yesterday, but I didn't cry and I held it together.  I was emotional at the thought of how far Brody has come.  My 2 lb. baby boy who I have guarded for five years is completely able to learn and go to school.  God is good!  There were doubts for years if Brody would lead a normal life.  We love Brody just the way he is, and we always have and will.  But it's amazing to watch your child be successful at things.  It was a good day!


Brody said, "This shirt is going to make everybody laugh."

He picked out Batman for his book bag and lunch box

He didn't have time for pictures because he was ready to go!

"No, more pictures please."

He had to sign-in.
Brody with his teacher hanging up his apple. 
To learn where things were in the school, his class did a Gingerbread Man hunt around the school.  His first homework assignment was to decorate a G-man.  I made him a Mario Brothers shirt, and Brody glued and drew the rest. 

No comments: