Thursday, August 18, 2011

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

Dorthy:  Goodbye, Tinman. Oh, don't cry! You'll rust so dreadfully. Here's your oil can.
Tin Man:  Now I know I've got a heart, 'cause it's breaking...

Brody graduated from preschool this morning.  And yes, my heart broke a little!  The graduation theme was Follow the Yellow Brick Road.  This was quite the appropriate theme for us considering the journey it took Brody to get where he is today.  We are so proud of him!  He sang his heart out this morning without any fear.  I cannot even explain what a blessing it was to watch him on the stage just being joyful.  We have so much to be thankful for.  It's funny how you travel down the road of life and not feel like your getting anywhere only to one day to magically arrive at your destination.  Oh, our journey is not complete, but we do feel like we finally got somewhere.  Today felt good!  Please remind me of this feeling next week when I'm crying because he started Kindergarten.  Haha! 
My sweet little Tin Man
 
Brody singing the Tin Man song


The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running.  ~Author unknown, in reference to Ecclesiastes 9:11, "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."

We're going to continue our race right on into Kindergarten!  

No comments: