Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Everything


Reading the Bible of the stories of Ruth and Job, I’m inspired at their faithfulness to God when they lost their families, homes, and possessions.  It’s hard to imagine losing everything.  What kept them “holding it together” when the world says “you should be falling a part”?    It’s God who kept them strong.  They had built their lives with God in the center.  So when everything came crashing down around them, God remained the same.  The almighty God deserving of all our worship and praise, stood beside them as they continued to bring glory to His name.  As they claimed God is still in control, they lived great lives that went down in History and set an example to all Christians of faithfulness.


How can I live a life of faithfulness?


I’m going to build my life on THE ROCK!

Matthew 7:24-27 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

Jesus is my rock and salvation. I will know His truth (the Bible), stand upon His truth, confess His truth, and apply His truth to my daily life.  My life is meant to bring worship to Him.  It is not a life about me, but it is a life about making His name known among the nations. 

Jesus is my everything!  So if or when the world around me comes crashing down, my everything is still there.  I love my husband and son greatly, but they do not come first.  My relationship with God is #1.  I don’t want to be my husband and son’s #1 either.  When I take my last breathe here on earth, I don’t want their life to stop.  I want them to keep moving forward to the calling God has placed in their life.  I want to set an example for my son for him to teach his children that in everything they do, they need to seek to bring glory to Our Everything, God. 

One of my favorite parts of the Bible is in Exodus 3 when Moses asked God what he should tell the children of Israel what God’s name is.
 
Verse 14, And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” 

The Great I Am was saying I AM EVERYTHING!  I AM with you!!!

Is He your everything???   

Is He truly all you need? 

1 comment:

Anna said...

Love your post! Thank you for the encouragement as I attempt to bring God glory in our situation! Miss you friend!