Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blessed Be Your Name



I woke up this morning thinking of this song. It's been a few months since I've heard it, but it still makes me smile. It is such an encouraging song for a christian because some days "the sun is shining down on me when the world's all as it should be" and other days "the road is marked with suffering though there's pain in the offering." My favorite line of the song is "My heart will choose to say Lord blessed be Your name." I asked myself this morning, "Cristy, how will you choose to serve God today?" I may not feel great today (although I'm getting so much better every day), but I can choose to praise God for His many blessings with an attitude that would glorify God. It doesn't matter how I'm feeling from day to day because God remains the same. I was created to praise God. Worshiping God isn't just about singing some songs; I worship God with my how I live my life for Him. So no matter what kind of day it is still I'm going to say, "Blessed be the name of the Lord, Blessed be Your glorious name!"

No comments: