Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adventure of Motherhood

A haircut and lolly pop
"I knew when I met you an adventure was going to happen..."-- A.A. Milne

Five years ago, Brody gave my life the wonderful adventure of motherhood.  It's been an amazing adventure, and it's just going to get better.  I have loved being a stay at home mom, and my heart breaks for the women who do not have the opportunity to stay at home with their children.  I couldn't imagine missing all the discovery moments that happen daily.  And I don't think I could bear missing out on all the smiles and laughs!  Yes, there are hard days and days it's all I can do not to pull out my hair, but these are the days it's most important for me to be in Brody's life.  God gave me the responsibility to shepherd Brody's heart, and I don't take that responsibility lightly.  So it's good to be in all of Brody's days.
 
But now, our adventure is about to have a change of scenery.  We have registered Brody for kindergarten. Oh MY!  I'm filled with so many different kinds of emotions.  I'm excited for him to have new experiences.  I'm scared for him because I know he is a little different.  I'm fearful I have not prepared him enough for all that awaits him next year.  I'm grateful he has the physical ability to go to school.  And I'm sad I will be all alone during the day come fall.  It's the sad part that weighs on me the most.  I know I won't be alone forever because we will have a sweet Indian Princess or Prince who will join us to be a part of our family one day.  I will have to patient and relaxed for the changes to come.  This adventure is going to continue to be great.  We'll just have to keep moving forward through all the suprises and obstacles that come our way.  Afterall, it wouldn't be much of an adventure if everything stayed the same.

No comments: