Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Here am I! Send me."

A Chorti girl
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”  Isaiah 6:8

It doesn't take much for me to get really excited.  This morning I was running on the treadmill at the gym listening to my ipod when I all of the sudden I realized I had the biggest smile on my face.  Some days like today, my heart is just bursting to sing praises to God.  God did say to pray without ceasing so I'm sure He doesn't mind me worshiping and praying while I run.  As I prayed, and not just the "please don't let me die during this workout" prayer, I prayed Isaiah 8:6 for God to send me.  Send me to show His love!  Here's where my big smile came from...the next song that played on the ipod was "Send me" by Jeremy Camp.  Wow!  Such a great way for God to say "I'm listening and yes, you will go in my Name."  Right now God sends me out right where I am in our community to share and show His love, but in 93 more days we fly to Honduras to do the same there.


93 more days until I meet the beautiful Chorti people God created.  The Chortí Indians are the desendants of the Maya Indians, and we will be in Copán with them.  Our church has a partnership with the Chorti, and we will send six groups this year to them.  There are Medical Teams, Prayer Walking Teams, Bible Story Telling Teams, and Farming teams.  I've known for a year that this summer I would get to work with the Chorti, but now that it's starting to get closer I'm about to bust at the seams with excitement.  So hearing a song like "Send Me" has me grinning like a possum from ear to ear.

Such a cute little guy

I think I must have looked just as goofy as this possum this morning at the gym, but I'm cool with that.  Better to have a goofy smile than to frown in misery.  I'm thankful to able to sing and pray.
 
Send me, Lord!  Break my heart for what breaks Your heart.  Let me love people like you love them.  Let me be a servant to everyone.  Humble me, break me, and fill me with nothing but You!  Please use me, and I gladly say “Here am I. Send me!”






No comments: