Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring

Brody and Cade "hunting" butterflies
The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another.  The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.  ~Henry Van Dyke

The past few days have been so pleasant.  We have really enjoyed being outside.  Brody got several explorer items for his birthday, and he has had the best time using them.  I giggled this morning as Brody with his net and Cade with his gun "hunted" butterflies.  Youth is so cute and sweet.  The adventures Brody comes up with amazes me.  He has such a wonderful imagination! 


The boys taking a Popsicle break.

A new kind of transportation! 
One of my favorite parts of spring is the warm sun shining down on me and a good book.  The difference between Brody and me is that I would rather read about an adventure.  I read "Water for Elephants" this week.  It's a great story that takes place during the Depression at a circus.  I became emotionally connected to the 93 year old man telling his story after just a few pages.   It's brilliantly written with two great seasons of life with the man coming of age and coming to the end of his age.  I loved it!

No comments: