Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Day Is Too Short

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see. ~John Burroughs


I love that quote.  It is quite fitting today.  So here just a little bit of what's on my mind...
 
Thoughts-
I've been thinking about babies this morning especially the one who will be ours one day.  Every morning I have this exciting thought, "Could today be the day our baby is born?"  Somewhere in India is a woman who will have to make one of the hardest decisions of her life sometime in the near future.  My heart breaks for her, and I pray God will give her strength daily.  And as my heart is broken for her, it is also very thankful too.  I'm glad she will make the choice to give her child two mothers. 
 
Walks-
This year has started out kind of rough, and I am thankful to be feeling better now days.  I'm ready to start walking again.  My rear end is pleading for me to walk and gets some of the fat off of it.  So Mr. Greenway I will see you soon!
 
Books-
I love to read.  I've got two books I'm reading right now.  The 1st is Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney, and it is based off of Titus chapter 2.  I've really enjoyed reading it and discussing it a Mom's group.  It is the perfect book for an older woman who is mentoring a younger woman to use. 

The 2nd book I'm reading is A Game of Thrones by George R. Martin.  I had to make myself read the first few chapters, but now I'm really liking this fantasy book.   It has a lot of characters to keep up with, but the characters are all very interesting.   I can't wait to see how this adventure will end.
 
 
Friends-
If I could see any of my friends today, it would be my besties in Alabama.  The friends we grow up with always remain very special to us.  It's fun to remember old times and to talk about the things to come as well.  It makes going home even better when I get to see them.


No comments: