Friday, March 4, 2011

Working In The Yard

I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.... I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby. ~Nancie J. Carmody
Black Gold
One day when my life does flash before me, I hope there is a small scene of a nice looking yard.  I don't need an amazing landscaped yard, just a "nice" yard.  I'm excited that this weekend our town is selling Black Gold (leaf compost) and mulch (ground yard waste) for $10 a truck load.   If someone had told me ten years ago that I would enjoy working in the yard, I would have laughed at them.  But here I am at an age not to be named, enjoying making something pretty.  It's just a good activity our family can do together. I want to teach Brody to take pride of where he lives.  I also want him to see his mom working and understand I'm not asking him to do anything that I'm not doing myself.  Having a good work ethic is important and being a sluggard is unacceptable.  I'm finding nothing but pros about yard work today.  It's going to be a good day!  We finally have grass in the backyard now, and it already needs to be mowed.  Oh how this black gold will make it even more thicker!  What about you?  Do you enjoy working inside or outside?

I took this picture of Brody in the backyard yesterday.



No comments: