Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blessings



"Search me, God, know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23,24

I think it's easy to praise God for His unlimited knowledge, power, and presence when everything in life is going great. But what about the hard times in life...do we still praise God when life is difficult? Do we thank Him for His blessings, even though we can't see them?

Psalm 139 is one of my favorite Psalms. How cool is the psalmist that asked God to test him and know his thoughts. His desire was to be lead away from the ways of the world and into the way that is everlasting. It's scary to ask God to test you so you can be aware of what's in your heart. For me, I want to be the woman God created me to be. I learn something daily about this woman God desires me to be. It's through seasons of joy and adversity that I learn about God. I'm not a big fan of the adversity part, but I can look back on those times and see God's wonderful work in me. In the midst of the storms, I learn God remains the same, He is faithful, He is loving, and His grace is always sufficient. I've said this many times, but it can't be said enough, "There are valuable lessons I've learned through struggles that I could not have learned any other way." So as a Christians, when it feels like the world is raining down us, it's really just God's mercy falling on us. Now that's good blessings!

I have several families I have been praying for, and I want to dedicate the song "Blessings" by Laura Story to them. It's a beautiful song, and I hope it encourages your heart too. 

No comments: