Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Keep On Going

Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down. ~Charles F. Kettering


There are many lessons parents learn from their children.  One of my favorite lessons I've learned from watching Brody is that he gets up every time he falls.  He doesn't just lay on the ground for a day, a week, or even a year dwelling upon his failure.  He gets up, shakes off the dirt, and moves forward.  As a child, getting up after falling down comes so easily and naturally.  It's just what you're supposed to do.  Prehaps it's even what is expected of a child.  So what changes when we become adults?  Why do adults think it's fine to lay down in defeat?  It's like "OH, life is really hard at this moment so I better stop what I'm doing."  I think NOT!  It's when life is difficult and you keep striving towards your goal that defines the kind of person you are.  The moments in my life that seemed impossible to overcome are the moments I look back upon now with pride.  I'm proud of not giving up and of my determination to keep moving forward. 

The past several days, life has thrown some curve balls at me from many different directions all at the same time.  I've been knocked down on my booty over and over, but I refuse to stay there.  I'm going to keep giving my best everyday.  The outcome of the day may not be what I desired, but at least I can say I gave it my all.  I love quotes, and I give myself a little pep rally daily.  Here is stuff you will hear me say:

Failure is only a fact when you give up. Everyone gets knocked down, the question is: Will you get back up?

Have you hit a brick wall? Aim higher and jump over it.

Think of yourself as a toy train. All toy trains de-rail now and then. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track.

Life is a game. Are you going to be a participator in it, or just a spectator?

Like the eagles we have to move our wings to soar like an eagle.

Confidence is feeling satisfied with who and what we are.

When you discover it's your choice and your attitude, things start to happen!

Successful people do what unsuccessful people won't even attempt.

If you keep on going the way you're going you'll end up where you're heading - which direction are you aiming for?

When the sun comes up each day, be up and out with it.

It's your choice - will you choose to be a victim or the victor?

When you expect success, your mind focuses on success.


I know I seem goofy pumping myself up, but if I don't do it who will?  I'm in charge of my attitude.  My hubby encourages me to smile and cheer up, but it's my choice to do it.  I know I've said this before, but I cannot imagine what life is like without a relationship with God.  As good as quotes can be, they are nothing compared to God's word in the Bible.  It's His word that I need.  My heavenly Father also listens to my problems as I'm talking to him in prayer, and He cares about me.  I Peter 5:7 says…"casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."  He doesn't want me to quit the things I'm called to do, but to boldly come to Him in prayer because He sympathizes with my weaknesses.  Hebrews 4:15-16 says "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."  Amazing!  So while I'm knocked down, I might as well pray while I'm down.  And you know what?  It's His strength that's helps me stand back up again.  He has a purpose for me, and He will see me through it.  "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."  Philippians 1:6  God is so good to me!